- To ensure procedures cover key risks and ongoing processes / production reviews with respect to the Group ORF framework.
- To ensure completion of KCSAs / CSTs of the unit within the prescribed timelines and be responsible for the analysis and resolutions of any exceptions raised.
- To carry out root cause analysis of errors and complaints and institute corrective and preventive actions.
- To administer the systems not administered by the group / central teams.
- Co-ordinate, drive and direct effective compliance and operational risk management.
- Design and Implement controls to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Ensure proper functioning of day to day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
- Ensure a continual drive towards automated control processes.
- Manage risk issues as they occur and coordinate communication, mitigation and face off to senior stakeholders.
- Advise senior Financial Markets Management and other key stakeholders on Ops Risk strategy.
- Manage and influence direct / indirect operational risk management resources.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Financial Markets products and processes and be in a position to advise on control strategy going forward.
- Manage and co-ordinate the various regulatory and internal audits and reviews of the unit.
- To overlook and monitor the functioning of the unit&rsquos concurrent auditor.
- To ensure the unit&rsquos vendor agreements are valid.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Ensure that the key control standards are fully implemented at all levels and add to these as applicable.
- Identification and review of critical factors on a preventive basis to avoid customer concerns or client complaints that arise from factors within controls / reasonable influence.
- To ensure timely actions on all improvement actions.
- To ensure that the regulatory changes are adequately implemented at the operational level.
- Perform root cause analysis of the operational risk, errors and omission in the unit and build the controls to plug the mishaps.
- Ensure compliance of the unit with the various policies issued by the group relating to the operations of the business unit.
- Ensure full awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention. Ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer.
- To assist section heads in identifying and drafting the procedures in DOIs, assist in distribution of documents and ensure that all staff hold the latest version of documents.
- Act as audit coordinator for various audits scheduled in the unit and follow-up on the closure of the action points / process deficiencies arising out of such audits.
- To ensure daily reconciliations and ensure all outstanding are escalated as per the escalation matrix and resolved.
- Maintain the capacity model of the unit.
- Escalation of risks in M7 on a timely basis.
- Real time incident reporting of issues as per group policy.
- To ensure appropriate escalations to various stakeholders within the bank.
- Anti Money Laundering and KYC
- To ensure that there are built in reviews to detect errors and understanding issues
- To suggest process changes if local conditions warrant making the process stronger
- To ensure that proper risk classification is done at the time of approving transactions
- To report any transaction where funds appear to have originated from suspected illegal sources
- To complete review of all relevant reports
- To raise awareness on KYC / AML
- To facilitate and promote the understanding of OR and compliance requirements in the unit.
- To negotiate and finalise vendor agreements of the unit.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Financial Markets Risk Control function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
About Standard Chartered
- 6 years of working experience in Financial Markets industry.
- Good interpersonal skill for liaison with auditors, exchanges, depositories and regulators.
- Knowledge of financial markets and banking operations as well as internal accounting procedures.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements governing the role.
- Knowledge of Capital markets.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website