About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Synergize to achieve KPI/target, increase productivity & efficiency, establish robust control and acceptable risk appetite by process, technology improvement, financial and delivering excellence services.
- Managing and responsible for providing advisory services, supporting deal structuring and digitalisation for trade flows across all service tiers. Work together on improving the function delivery by partnering with Trade CoE and TB and also be responsible for escalation of client transactions from Core Operations and Country Business team.
- Managing and responsible for all System-based Transaction Processing, all workability checks on documents & transactions before Processing in System, Processing related certain Communications (e.g. Inputting Referral Details in TD, raising treasury deals, etc) and Product-specific post-processing activities (e.g filling, end of day reconciliation, etc).
- Drive and monitor initiatives and activities to improve daily operations in view of accuracy, efficiency and services and work closely to all stakeholder (i.e Trade Product, Sales, Group chain) to deliver smooth daily operations.
Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy via the relevant score card as follows:
- Improving Client Experience
- Deliver the financial framework and optimize low returning markets
- Transform, and disrupt with digital capabilities and improve productivity
- Purpose & People
- Risks and Control
- Customer services oriented and put the customer on the centre of everything.
- Maintain partnership with CCIB and Transactional Banking team and be responsive to their service requirement
- Policy & Procedure Management
- Product-specific Review & Gap Analysis of Various Policy, Procedure & Regulations
- Product-specific CDOI & CA Updates
- Governance & Escalations
- Product-specific Margin Reconciliation and Refund
- Pending Credit Report Reconciliation
- Trade Advisory & Transaction Structuring
- Handling Documents for Complex Transactions
- Coordinating Regulatory Documents (e.g. Report, Membership Certificate) Renewal for Clients
- Disruption Resolution & Reduction
- Communication with RM/BDM/PSM/Client for Complex Referral Resolution (as engaged by the Client Operations Team)
- Following up for TSAAS RFIs
- Obtaining Approval for DDUG/AML Escalations
- Deferral Tracker Maintenance
- Client-wise & Product-wise Disruption Analysis
- Ensure Transaction Execution by Processing Operations
- Monitor TD Queue and High Ageing Items
- Supporting Digitisation & Automation
- Supporting various BBS Deliverables
- Supporting SMIT, DTC & other Digitization Agendas
- Supporting various Automation Initiatives
- Trade Systems Management
- Monitoring Trade Systems-related Issues
- Raising & Coordinating Trade Systems-related Change Requests
- Coordinating Various System Testing, UVT, UAT etc.
- Monitoring & Reconciliation
- Daily PSGL Exception Reconciliation
- Tax Reconciliation related to Rebate
- Reconciliation of Open Accounts
- Daily Message Monitoring (including NAK Message)
- Sundry Receivables A/C Recon
- Stakeholder Management
- Supporting Audits & Peer Reviews
- Meetings, Calls & Written Communications with Regulators and other External & Internal Stakeholders
- Branch-specific Activities
- Do Processing Activities where require due to Local Regulatory/Business Requirements such as Open account Processing, etc.
People and Talent
- System-based Transaction Processing
- All Maker-level Data Entry in DTP, OTP
- All Checker-level Transaction Release in DTP, OTP, etc.
- All Authorizer-level Offering Release in DTP & OTP
- Workability Checks for Processing
- All Document Checking
- All Erstwhile "Pre-Processing Checks'
- All Types of Manual Calculation before Data Entry in Processing Systems
- All Types of Data Entry in Peripheral Systems like LTP, WTP etc.
- Processing related Communications
- Inputting Referral Details in TD Remarks
- Raising Treasury Deal
- Post-Processing Activities
- Product-specific EOD Reconciliation
- Product-specific Archival Management
- Regulatory Reporting & Correspondence
- Product-specific Regulatory Returns Preparation & Submission
- Liaison with Clients and Maintain BOE Database
- Circulate List of BOE Overdue Reports to Respective Units
- Checking the results of the work that has been carried out
- Responsible for carrying out coordination in fostering solid teamwork:
- Responsible for achieving a work target that has been set and in accordance with the rules
- Guiding and directing team members in preparing all necessary reports.
- Manage at a high level the day to day functioning of Unit to ensure that the Bank&rsquos policy and local regulations are adhered to.
- Manage the internal control programs to build up realistic and effective controls within the Unit defined by country & Group Operations are observed.
- Handle complex transactions escalated from subordinate officers or directed from LM.
- Ensure irregular and past due reports are reviewed and appropriate actions taken according to laid down instructions.
- Ensure that all services/products provided are legally compliant and in accordance with related regulation on KYC and anti-Money Laundering, in order to protect the best interests of both the Bank and the customers.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day to day operations, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
- Hold primary responsibility for the prevention of money laundering of the Business Unit
- Ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of procedures and controls are following the requirements of Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively
- Ensure all Unit staffs are adequately trained
- To ensure all aspects of risk escalation is effective and in accordance to Group Standards.
- Lead and support pre/post audit/peer and assurance reviews.
- Recommend any Dispensations to Regulations and Group Policies to Policy Owners.
- Formulate action plans for the resolution of the Exceptions.
- Ensure rectification of all Exception items and ensure that within agreed timescales, they are confirmed closed by Legal and Compliance.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Policy is implemented in accordance with Group Standard.
- To ensure that BCP/DRP plan are updated on a regular basis and tested at least once a year and follow up any outstanding failure (make sure that BCP/DRP are workable during disaster).
- Proactively communicate with Business Unit Head and BRM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head/BRM as appropriate.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group&rsquos arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Manage the product & processing operations (Open Account) to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Serve as a Director of the Board of [COO]
- CCIB, TB Sales/Product, Change Mgt, RM & CCG Team
- FM Dealers
- Key functional partners in country i.e IMO, Legal, Compliance, Audit, HR, Finance & Risk
- Others operations unit
- Trade Product & Processing (Doc Trade)
- Trade Client Operations
- Trade Core Operations
- Trade Business Risk Team
- Business Technology
- Country, Regional and Global Trade Team
- Bank Clients
- External Auditor
Our Ideal Candidate
- Job holders should follow the assignment and other job duties by Line Manager
- University graduate or above
- Minimum5 year in banking operations including trade services
- Certified Bank Risk Management Level 1
- Certified SPPUR level 5
- Certified International Trade Finance
- Advance knowledge for trade product and services.
- Good interpersonal and communication.
- Good presentation and promoting skills.
- Excellent understanding of service quality principles.
- Good understanding of applicable technology used for trade services.
- Self-motivator, able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Good management and leadership skills to groom and develop staff to achieve the target.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.