About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Business Finance is an independent and strategic partner for business and assist management team to deliver the budget by providing accurate financial information, in depth business driven analysis and impact and continuously challenging them to ensure that the best decisions and practices are made.
Transaction Banking (TB) Specialist is the principal finance point of contact for all TB finance related matters, playing key role within country TB business and Finance function.
The specific responsibilities of this role:
- Creating and monitoring of the financial plans execution for TB business.
- Ensuring accurate financial and management reporting of TB Business and prudent financial control.
- Ensuring integrity of general ledger and provide value added business analyses to support the strategic development of TB business.
- Sponsoring continuous improvement of financial management disciplines to optimize the use of the TB business resources, such as capital and liquidity.
- Leading processes in partnership with the business to achieve a cost-effective business model.
- Lead and support strategic projects as and when required.
- Efficiency and cost effectiveness of the Finance function.
This role requires high usage of commercial ideas, influence and insight to help TB deliver the budget and deliver plan execution. Strategy
- Contribute to the formulation of strategic and medium-term business plans, provide robust challenge to TB business and oversee implementation.
- Assist TB business in achieving the growth and profitability aspirations through informed decision making and financial control
- Identify and highlight any potential risks related to financial which may result in any potential losses to TB business and propose mitigating actions on immediate basis.
- Proactively involve in shaping the strategic agenda for the TB business.
- Provide support for forecast process and ALCO process via deal pipeline and balance sheet forecast.
- Review and sign off Product Programmes Country Addendum and ensure adequacy of financial management processes.
People and Talent
- Lead the budget and forecast processes in the Country for TB, assist business in formulating financial numbers and actively challenge the strategy and action plan to achieve the target.
- Responsible for an in-depth analysis of TB business performance, including tracking of key indicators.
- Assist business leads in understanding how to read financial and management performance results.
- Work together with other CCIB Finance team, Financial Performance and Analysis (FPA) and Balance Sheet Management (BSM) teams to ensure completeness, accuracy and timelines of various internal and external submissions, including but not limited to Rencana Bisnis Bank (RBB), ICAAP exercise, stress testing, etc.
- Work together with BPM or head of business in preparing materials for Business Reviews, TB MT meetings and any other ad hoc queries related to financial projections and modelling.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of TB financial data, report, and statements.
- Ensure compliance and assurance process in TB in accordance to all applicable standard, guidelines and policies, including, but limited to:
- Group risks frameworks and policies
- Financial control policies
- Group Accounting and Policies Manual
- Ensure DOIs are well established and current.
- Continuously identify opportunities and execute/drive process improvements in Finance and TB.
- Contribute to the appropriate culture and implement valued behaviours. Set appropriate tone and work in collaboration with all necessity stakeholders.
- Comply with Group mandatory training or e-Learning.
- Develop relevant skills by participating in-house training and external training.
- Set clear job objectives and discuss with manager for feedback and approval
- Proactively manage the impact of changing financial and regulatory reporting requirement for the Country.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial accounts and accounting controls in Country.
- That the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- That record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Manage the operational and compliance risk of the Finance function as outlined in ERMF and RTFs for the following risk subtypes:
- Operational risk sub-type Reporting and Obligations:
- Financial books and records potential for loss and adverse impact due to failure to comply with laws and regulations for financial books and records.
- Tax obligations potential for loss and adverse impact due to failure to comply with laws and regulations for tax.
- Compliance risk sub-type:
- Financial regulatory reporting the risk of failure to comply with applicable financial regulatory reporting laws and regulations.
- Accounting and financial reporting the risk of failure to follow applicable accounting and financial reporting laws and regulations.
- Prudential Capital and Liquidity the risk of insufficient capital/liquidity to comply with Prudential requirements
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Specific to the operational risk sub-types execute second line risk Ownership responsibilities as outlined under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures, including, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that required control standards are being met, by continuous monitoring of risk and control indicators.
- Highlight and escalate (as required) where control standards are not being met, including highlighting control design deficiencies or gaps to Group Risk Owners.
- Challenge and approve (where appropriate) first line identification, residual risk identification, residual risk assessments and mitigation plan, taking into account changes to the internal and/or external environment.
- Review, challenge and support Risk Acceptance request made by relevant Country Process Owner(s) for submission to the authorised risk acceptance authority.
- Monitor &lsquolive risks, and jointly with first line owners, ensure that appropriate management action is being taken to mitigate their impact
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country CFO and Business Finance Head
- CCIB Finance team
- Financial Planning and Analysis team
- Balance Sheet Management team
- Financial Controller
- Country CCIB Head
- Country TB Head
- Group TB Financ
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for Good and Group&rsquos branch and values in Country Finance Team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent with experience in business partnering or performance management role in complex organizations. Minimum 10 years of experience in finance and/or banking or other financial institutions.
- CFA and Risk Management certifications (BSMR or LSPP) will be an advantage.
- Strong Business Partnering Skill - Strong business partner who can influence and effectively challenge stakeholders based on necessity.
- Having strategic perspective, commercial awareness, information system awareness and interpersonal skills to take a lead role in managing financial institution with complex local legislations.
- Insightful Performance Management
- Transaction Banking Product Knowledge
- Financial planning and forecasting skill
- Having adequate understanding of Accounting standards, risk management methodologies, and business analysis techniques.
- Financial data analysis and report
- Expertise on financial data analysis tools and techniques
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to challenge the views and actions of others in constructive manner.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.