Job Description :
The Incident Analyst is the primary technical resource that initially reacts to escalated Service Desk and alert generated incidents in order to diagnose, troubleshoot, develop solutions, utilize and comply with the Change Management process, to promote solution to production or non-production, implement, test, and validate the solution. The Incident Analyst will engage peer or Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in cxLoyalty or from technology vendors as required to resolve the incident and restore service. The Incident Analyst will also identify technical knowledge transfer opportunities to increase their capabilities and effectiveness from cxLoyalty engineering and application resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Receives escalated incidents from the Service Desk via Ticketing Systems and Warm Transfer, if warranted. Reviews incident summary, seeks additional information from end user if required, and adjust ticket categories and Severity Codes as required. Performs initial support as required.
- Responsible for owning the Incident ticket until closure, this may include: (1) creation of Incident ticket if triggered by a qualified alert, (2) resolving the Incident, (3) collaborating with Level 3 Rotational SMEs to obtain additional technical insight and or guidance on how to resolve the incident, (4) fully engaging Level 3 Rotational SME or another Level 3 SME while retaining control of the parent ticket, and (5) communicated the status of the Incident in conformance to process.
- Coordinates with the Manager of Incident Management when needed to identify what Level 3 resources may need to be involved for resolution of the incident.
- Plans and conducts meeting with Level 3 resources if more information concerning troubleshooting, diagnostics, and solution recordation is needed for complete documentation of the Incident.
- Escalates to Manager of Incident Management when there is a lack of response from Level 3 Rotational SMEs or Level 3 technical teams in diagnosing and resolving Incidents.
- Coordinates with Technology Vendors, as required in resolving the Incident (in performing resolutions within their approved limits of technical permissions).
- Responsible for performing ticket closure activities (ensuring the Incident ticket is placed in a Status of Resolved or Closed at first eligibility and performs a QA of the ticket prior to closing to ensure conformance to the Standards of Use policy).
- Communication: Provides information concerning resolved Incidents to the Affinion Business Continuity department for external reporting to Affinion Customers.
- Crisis: For Incidents that meet the definition of a Crisis, immediate notifies the Manager of Incident Management and initiates actions to trigger the IT Crisis Management process.
- Crisis: Incident ticket owner and other needed Technical response Center resources become part of the Technical Response Team and performs duties as assigned by the Technical Response Manager for the duration of the Crisis.
- Crisis: Participate in After Action reviews (AAR) for Crisis Management
- Monitoring Function: Identifies erroneous alerts, analyzes patterns, and determines what is needed to change and reports same to the Monitoring Strategy Team via a Service Request.
- Drives in the Daily Incident Review meeting of significant incidents from the previous day and assists the Problem Management function in identifying incidents and technical resources for initiating a CFA.
- Knowledge Transfer: Participates as a student in coaching, mentoring or knowledge management exercises performed by the Level 3 Rotational Resources.
- Participate in process governance committees for Problem Management, Crisis Management, and Knowledge Management
- Participates as required in Process Governance including governance meetings and roadmap implementation to drive continuous improvement in Incident Management process, training, and technology
- Analyzes and tests changes to the supporting tools for Incident management
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- In-depth in experience in operationally managing one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Windows Server Admin,
- Unix/Linux Server Admin
- Oracle Database Admin
- MS SQL Database Admin
- Network Admin (LAN / WAN / VPN)
- Oracle Weblogic Admin
- Internet Information Server Admin (IIS)
- Apache Web Server Admin
- F5 Load Balancing Admin
- Enterprise Storage Admin
- Professional certifications in one or more of the above technical disciplines desired (within last 18 months)
- Proven experience in incident identification, diagnosis, troubleshooting, solutioning, and implementation or deployment of the solution to include testing and validation.
- Strong process orientation with solid attention-to-detail skills
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced and rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in IT related field
- Minimum of five years in Information Technology Operations and/or System Administration
- Hybrid work arrangement until further notice
- Must be willing to work in BGC, Taguig
- Must be okay to work on shifting schedules