Job Description :
As a Fund Accounting Manager, primary responsibility is to maintain accurate accounting and securities records for each fund administered, ensuring all prescribed controls are adhered to for each fund accounting process (e.g. position reconciliation, asset pricing, security trading, income & expense processing etc.). Problem-solving investigation & resolution on accounting or securities transactions breach the validation tolerances of the JP Morgan Exception Management System (EMS).
As a Fund Accounting Manager, you'll be responsible for delivering unit pricing and accounting reports to the client, resolving inquiries, and serving as a contact for internal/externalescalations.
- Oversee the accurate and timely production of the Fund's daily and monthly accounting activities and net asset value calculation of the funds for various clients
- Review all financial statements prior to production and ensure that timely and accurate sign offs are in place from various constituents of the valuation process.
- Establish policies, procedures and guidelines which comply with internal and external controls to ensure that the statements and work to continuously strengthen the controls environment
- Develop and implement efficient and standardized workflows within his team as well as various points of hand offs.
- Be an effective leader capable of motivating, developing and supporting staff and training and managing the team
- To understand Training Needs / Solutions and implement the same to maintain team skill sets and mobility
- Relationship management with Clients (including JPM partner locations) by means of service delivery and proactive approach towards client requirements
- Foster and champion How We Do Business Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment.
- Review file in accordance with internal control checklist for items applicable to that particular portfolio.
- Investigate, resolve and substantiate key differences in reconciliations between client accounting accounts vs custody accounts.
- Keep adequate documentation on file to fully explain and support all items, particularly those, which would be deemed unusual, eg. Past due dividends, larger than usual price movements (when comparing against assets in the same industry class), large gains and losses in FFX's, large div yield, trade cost per unit vs. ending price comparison and overall benchmarking discrepancies.
- Ensure documentation is completed and signed off as per requirements
- The utilization of the WINS-INVEST ONE (reporting)/GTI/ Titan systems to adequately research and resolve issues on portfolios.
- Analyses of fund performance to ensure final valuations are accurate
- Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge of various investment instruments and markets (stock exchanges) and there effect on the portfolio's valuation.
- Demonstrate ability and interest in understanding client's account structure i.e. its and various types of portfolio's, their deliverables, and some of their specific requirements.
- Ability to take on stretch roles and projects as deemed required by the team leader/manager
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 5+ years or more in Banking / Financial services industry or with accounting firm.
- Good understanding of security types and their accounting treatment
- Awareness of stock market practices & data vendor systems (e.g. Bloomberg)
- Knowledge of the processes of a fund's Custodian Bank and Investment Manager
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Committed approach with the ability to communicate effectively within a small team
- Flexibility - support department projects and work overtime during peak production periods
- Implement process improvement/DigiTools.
- Fund accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of industry developments and trends
- Securities industry knowledge including dividends, principal & interest, corporate actions and trading activity
- Knowledge of account reconciliation processes
- Strong analytical, prioritization, organizational, multi-tasking and negotiation skills