- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- CPBB Business including its Products, Processes and Operations.
- CPBB Process Universe (refer to the valid at any point of time)
GovernanceImplement and monitor ERMF of applicable PRTs
- Focus and implement an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) of applicable Principle Risk Types (PRTs) within the business unit to ensure risks and controls are being managed appropriately at the business unit level in a proactive, risk based and disciplined manner to meet external, internal and regulatory requirements.
- Review and monitor Product / business risk management from an end-to-end basis based on CPBB Process Governance structure.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities, and timely identification and resolution of risk issues.
- Promote a strong risk management and compliance culture.
Monitor business risk/return and control cost/benefits decision prior to product launch and during the product life cycles
- Execute the first line self-assessment model, report on and analyze risks profile to BORF/NFRF and Group CPBB. Track and follow through management actions to mitigate identified operational risks exposure.
- Facilitate, embed, deploy and execute key control standards (KCS), key control sample testing/ control indicators (CST/KCI) and key risk indicators (KRI) within business unit.
- Report losses, risk events, policy deviations, CST/KCI & KRI exception, and engage appropriate stakeholders on timely remedial actions escalate key risk situations that pose significant risk.
- Identify new, thematic and developing risks provide risk advice through reviews (Accountability reviews, Lessons Learnt reviews, Process / Control reviews, Deep Dive reviews) at the unit level.
- BRM Testing: Lead the Risk Analyst/Responsible Person (RA/RP) resources to implement ORF across the business unit, ensure appropriateness of staff filling the RP roles.
Implemeneffective risk management process
- Understand risk profile and deploy/utilise Group Risk Assessment Matrix, Delegated Authorities Matrix, and the Risk Management Process.
- Incorporate all significant processes with medium/high/very high gross risks into new Country Addenda using the risk and control monitors, and relevant documentation of end-to-end process.
- Assess regularly existing business key controls against the risk control monitor to assess the level of control effectiveness, efficiency, and relevancy in risk mitigation
- Risk Identification
- Identify and assess E2E gross risks
- Document accordingly (Risk Profile, Country Addenda, Risk Register etc)
- Reporting of exposures for acceptance at the appropriate governance level (forum / committee)
- Assess Gross Risk Exposure
- Design effective mitigating controls
- Implement risk control
- Conduct BAU activities with agreed risk controls
- Follow through risk acceptance process to comply with ERMF or DOA
- Promote approval of acceptance of residual risks above appetite
- Implement systematic monitoring on process control effectiveness
Provide MIS as per agreed key controls, and escalate if needed, to appropriate managementReview and monitor MIS, do trend analysis, accept, or escalate risksDesign, approve and implement action to mitigate gaps identifiedRisk Recording / Reporting
- Monitor key control indicators
- Conduct independent sample testing of controls
To fully comply with Group Policy and Standard on Money Laundering Prevention or local regulatory requirements for the prevention of money launderingInfluence the development of an operational risk culture
- Capture gross and residual risk exposure identified and operational loss promptly and accurately in EORP in accordance with Group&rsquos Operational Risk Policies and Procedures
- Follow through appropriate escalation and approval required
Audit and Operational Risk Interface
- Implement policies, procedures, and ensure compliance.
- Maintain risk view across all end to end processes in each business unit product and service value stream.
- Coordinate training efforts to promote risk management and compliance culture within the Business unit. Ensure gaps are identified and staffs are suitably trained on operational risk and compliance.
- Enhance and embed Financial Crime Compliance framework within SCBI
- Managing risk and compliance as part of my role
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk and compliance matters. Contribute to a culture in which all stakeholders feel safe to raise concerns and where risk and compliance matters are addressed, and misconduct appropriately dealt with.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- As the key business interface with Audit and OR functions including relevant governance forum / committee
- Coordinate audits
- Develop and implement Management Action Plan in Audits
- Socialize Audit findings and re-assess the control effectiveness as part of the residual risk ratings
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Contribute to a culture in which all stakeholders feel safe to raise concerns and where risk and compliance matters are addressed and misconduct appropriately dealt with
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the ERMF implementation in Country / respective unit in CPBB to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles including but not limited to: Fair Outcomes for Clients Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure implementation of any local law and regulations applicable for respective unit in CPBB.
. Country Process Owners and other Business Heads / Support Function Heads.
. Country Risk Framework Owners / SMEs.
. Group / Regional Business Risk Managers.
- Business Money Laundering Prevention Officer
- Group Governance and COO, Group Process Owners, Group Risk Framework Owners.
- Internal Auditor
- External Auditor (as per assignment)
- Regulator (as per assignment)
- Comply with Health & Safety policy as employee responsibilities:
Other responsibilities as per assignment related to the Business Risk Management and/or CPBB agenda.Our Ideal Candidate
- Follow HS&E instruction and procedures, to create a health and safety condition for ourselves, colleague, and protection of the environment and Highlight and report all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions to Country HS&E.
- As Manager responsibilities: Ensure that all workplace for which they have responsibility are safe and do not present a risk to the environment, arrange for access to competent advice and guidance regarding HS&E for our people, make sure effective arrangement for managing major incidents and emergencies are in place and ensure that accidents, incidents are recorded, reported, investigated and that lesson learned are implemented
- Degree holder, preferably 8-10 years of Banking experience in the respective business areas he/she is supporting or auditor with exposure to financial industry.
About Standard Chartered
- Risk Management Certified or Internal Audit / other professional audit certification
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website