The Role Responsibilities
ProcessesClient Due Diligence (CDD) and Regulatory Onboarding
- Responsible to protect the Bank&rsquos interest by ensuring that documentation is complete and effective, whilst assisting the RMs in their efforts to maximize revenue.
- Deliver excellent service and advice to our Corporate (Corporate & Institutional Banking) and Commercial Banking clients in all interactions for their channel activation pre-transactional enquiries/setup, trainings and other IMO related issues.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the various Business Units, Finance Risk, Technology and Operations community.
- Identify common error patterns and provide feedback to the value chain.
- Provide insight and suggestions to improving processes, identifying opportunities to streamline and rationalization of checks performed.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager and Country Head of IMO.
- Perform reviews, ensuring that KYC and Regulatory Onboarding (e.g. FATCA, CRS) output (for both new onboarding and periodic reviews of existing customers) from Client Delivery Makers and Specialists (as required) adhere to policies, procedures, and country regulatory guidelines.
- Escalate or enforce compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
- Ensure documentation is scanned, uploaded and tagged as per global documentation standards.
- Ensure handover of physical documentation for archival as per local requirements.
- Troubleshoot difficult cases with the relevant stakeholders. Proactively identify potential issues/concerns and escalate to management for attention/support.
Automation and Streamlining
- Act as a service partner, work together with RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client channel issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients.
- Ensure uniform approach towards implementation of Global IMO Model and adherence to DOIs.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards, delivery standards, and minimal error rates as appropriate.
People and Talent
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Provide effective orientation/guidance to new Joiners on the bank&rsquos policies/procedures/processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the bank.
- Develop and implement a personal learning plan with team manager to attain necessary competencies.
- Successfully complete milestones as laid out in implemented personal learning plan.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Operational Risk and Line Manager.
- Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all IMO-related processes, and adherence to DOIs.
- Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations.
- Proactively manage risks and establish/monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and data confidentiality.
- Ensure correctness of documentation prior to any dispensation from the Bank.
- Ensure compliance with the internal policies and credit policies, external policies, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Highlight significant issues/errors to team leader.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Financial Crime PreventionThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country IMO Head, CET Lead, Client Delivery Managers, Specialists, and other KYC Makers and Checkers
- Control Governance Managers and Specialists
- GBO Hub teams and In-country CET teams
- Front Office (RMs, CMs, CCMs)
- Account Opening Teams
- Business Operational Risk Manager
- Client Documentation and Control
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embedding Here for good and the Group&rsquos brand and valued behaviours in the Integrated Middle Office team.
- Performing other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
About Standard Chartered
- Meticulous and with a good eye for detail.
- Strong drive to deliver.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver looks for solutions and finds ways to progress despite blockages.
- Ability to work independently and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines.
- Good writing and presenting skills in English.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along withminimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website